Curriculum and Instruction
The Tinton Falls School District strives to provide our students with a high quality education through student-centered programs and multiple opportunities for critical thinking and problem solving in a global society.
The Tinton Falls School District seeks to educate the whole child not only addressing the individual academic needs of the students, but also their physical, social, and emotional needs. Our expectation is that all of our students will be equipped with the skills to pursue their interests and excel in secondary education.
- Academic Success Program: The Academic Success Program (ASP) provides additional help for students who need support in the areas of English language arts and/or math.
- District Evaluation Advisory Committee (DEAC): This program supports the district’s effort in effectively implementing AchieveNJ.
- Lesson Plans
- English as a Second Language (ESL): ESL is a state mandated, five day a week program for students whose native language is not English.
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA): The nation’s national education law and longstanding commitment to equal opportunity for all students.
- New Jersey Student Learning Standards: the standards provide local school districts with clear and specific benchmarks for student achievement in nine content areas.
- New Jersey Student Learning Assessment (NJSLA):
- Gifted Student Program: The school district’s K-8 programs for the academically gifted and talented encourage and develop individual potential through both a planned curriculum of enrichment and individual classroom enrichment.
- Department of Special Education: The Special Services Department provides educational programs and support services for children who have educational disabilities.